OFFICIAL HOME OF NEW HAVEN'S YOUTH TRAVEL BASEBALL TEAM
As representative of Connecticut Cubs, all team members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with a first class AAU baseball program. It is a privilege to be a member of Connecticut Cubs and we encourage you to show your pride and commitment by completing all jobs, tasks and responsibilities given to you by your coaches.
I hereby pledge to provide a positive attitude and be responsible for my participation in youth sports by following this Code of Ethics:
• I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at every game and practice.
• I agree to fulfill my responsibilities to the best of my ability. I will be on time to all practices, games, meetings, and other CT Cubs related activities.
• I will attend every practice and game that is reasonably possible and notify my coach if I cannot.
• I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
• I will treat my coaches with respect and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
• I will be a good teammate.
• I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert parents or coaches if participating stops being fun.
• I absolutely will never use any illegal drugs or be involved in the misuse/abuse or illegal use of alcoholic beverages. Participation in any illegal activity will be considered a severe violation of team training rules and will be dealt with accordingly.
• I understand that academics are my highest priority while participating in the Connecticut Cubs program, and I will attend to all of my schoolwork.
• If I have a problem with a teammate or a coaching decision, I will go directly to that person and resolve the conflict. If I am not comfortable talking directly with that person, I will involve a coach as a mediator. I will not talk about that person or degrade them behind their back.
• I have seen a dictionary and know that there are many words in the English language. I will choose to use the words that are positive and constructive during team activities and resist the urge to swear.
• Above all, I will conduct myself in a manner that brings credit to me, the team, and Connecticut Cubs. I know that I am a role model, and will act accordingly.