OFFICIAL HOME OF NEW HAVEN'S YOUTH TRAVEL BASEBALL TEAM
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Code of Ethics
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other Connecticut Cubs event.
• I will place the emotional and physical well‐being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
• I will not approach the coaches immediately before or after games or tournaments to discuss my child’s participation or performance.
• I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games or practices, unless I am one of the team’s official coaches.
• I will demand a drug, tobacco and alcohol‐free sports environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all youth sports events.
• I will remember that the game is for children and not for adults.
• I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
• I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, gender, creed, or ability.
• I will promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience within my personal constraints by being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing.
• I understand that this is a competitive program and that there is no guaranteed minimum playing time in each game and I will help my child to understand.
• I understand that the players will develop from competitive team practice including drills and scrimmages, being attentive at games as well as from direct game experience.
• I understand that fundraising and/or volunteering is a requirement to participate in the Connecticut Cubs program.